1.Scope of Application
2.User Information Handled by the Company
The user information which the Company may potentially handle in connection with provision of the Service, dependent upon the method of collection, is as follows.
(1) Information collected by the Company during registration or renewal
When provided to the Company by the user
- ① Name
- ② Email Address
- ③ Account issued by the Company
- ④ Password
- ⑤ Accounts for social networking services (hereinafter, “SNS”) such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- ⑥ Information specified by the Company and is provided to the Company by the user in order to use the Company’s service (This includes the information in items ① through ⑤.)
- ⑦ Date of birth, sex/gender, photo of user
II. When provided to the Company by the SNS operator if the user permits the linking of the service with a social media service in connection with the use of the service
- ① User names and email addresses registered with an SNS
- ② SNS accounts
- ③ Nicknames registered with an SNS
- ④ User photos registered with an SNS
- ⑤ Other information registered with an SNS by the user which the SNS operator has agreed to provide to the Company (This includes the information in items ① through ④.)
(2) Information collected by the Company regarding use of the Service
- ① Photos
- ② Position information
- ③ Service usage (Including log data)
- ④ Service usage methods
- ⑤ Cookies and anonymity IDs
3.Purposes of Use
The Company shall use user information for the following purposes (hereinafter, “purposes of use”).
- (2) To create and distribute advertisements for the Service, and services associated with or incidental to the Service, as well as other notices from the Company
- (3) To improve the Company’s Service and resolve bugs, as well as to develop the Company’s Service and other services associated with or incidental to the Company’s Service
- (4) To improve the Company’s products and Service
- (5) To conduct monitoring and recruit interview subjects for the purpose of popularizing the Company’s Service
- (6) To create and distribute marketing materials for the Company’s Service
- (7) To create statistical data regarding the use of the Service based on user information
- (8) To utilize and release user information containing personal information in the form of anonymized statistical data at the Company’s discretion
4.Security Measures and Subcontracting
- (1) In order to prevent the leakage, loss, falsification, or unauthorized access of data containing user information (hereinafter, “user information”), the Company shall establish reasonable security measures.
- (2) In the event the Company subcontracts the handling of user information to a third party entity, the Company shall provide instructions and oversight on appropriate management to ensure that the subcontractor establishes reasonable security measures.
5.Provision to Third Parties
The Company may share user information and other such data with third parties in the following cases.
- (1) Cases in which the user’s consent has been obtained
- (2) Cases in which it is permitted under the Personal Information Protection Act or other laws and statutes
- (3) Cases in which the Company must take necessary action against users who, during the use of the Service, harm the interests of another party, violate public order and morality, otherwise violate the user agreement for the Service, or attempt to do so
- (4) Cases in which it is necessary to preserve the life, body, or property of an individual, and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- (3) Cases in which it is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person
- (6) Cases in which it is necessary for cooperating with a government agency, a local authority, or those entrusted by the former two in executing duties prescribed by laws and regulations, and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of said duties
- (7) Cases in which the Company’s business, including users’ personal information, is succeeded due to a merger, divestiture, business transfer, or other such grounds
- (8) Cases in which the handling of personal information is subcontracted in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve the purposes of use
6.Inquiries and Requests for Disclosure, Revision, or Suspension of Use
In the event any matters regarding this Policy are unclear, or for questions, complaints, and consultations, etc. regarding the handling of user information (This includes requests for disclosure, revision, and the suspension of use or provision under the Personal Information Protection Act.), users may direct their inquiries to the contact information below.
Contact Information: email@example.com
The Company may modify this Policy as necessary. Major changes to this Policy, as well as the latest version of this Policy, will be displayed on the Company’s website. The modified Policy shall be considered to be applicable from the time at which it is published on the Company’s website.